HR Manager and Accounting Assistant
This is a full time, exempt position with benefits. This employee provides Human Resource management in regards to recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and the oversight of the overall provision of Human Resources functions, services, policies, and programs. This employee contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives and carries out responsibilities in the functional areas of employee training and development, compensation and benefits programs at SIRE; The position is also a vital part of the accounting department and this person will be assisting the Accounting Manager with payables, payroll, financial activities and IT support. The office location for this employee is at SIRE’s Hockley site.
• College degree in applicable field, or comparable experience
• Knowledge in accounting principles and labor laws which include EEO, Wage and Hour, OSHA Required
• Non-profit work experience preferred.
• Project management experienced preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral)
• Ability to be extremely mindful of security, confidentiality, and quality control.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to easily think “outside the box”
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Demonstrate positive, “can-do” attitude with flexibility, teamwork, and a commitment to SIRE’s mission
• General knowledge and experience with computer systems an programs such as, QuickBooks, Windows 7, Word, Outlook, Publisher, Power Point, and Excel, Donor Pro, and general data management.
• The successful candidate must extremely organized and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as integral member of a team.
If interested please submit resumes to Sherry Flores.